Friday, May 2, 2008

Orb of Mystery by Lindsey H.

That day the wood was a seeming fright

Its sky was dressed in a cold, cold, white;

The trees stood barren on the leaf strewn floor

And the wind howled its dull roar

A mysterious orb formed in the tree’s path

Looking human-like in the sunlight’s bath;

She seemed to be wearing a magenta smock

Her parasol in one hand and in the other a clock

It was time to leave the wood in a haunt was sensed

In their pockets they had their cellphones clenched;

Was it the sun’s beams playing tricks with their minds

Or was it really a woman well past her time

Out of the wood they quickly fled

And couldn’t help wondering “Was she dead?”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The speaker in this poem is a child or an outsider looking in on someone else. The mood in this poem is mysterious. The intended audience is anyone listening. The theme of this poem is to that not everyone knows where their going and it takes them time to get there. I really liked this poem because it is mysterious and sounds really good.

Anonymous said...

lindseyy :D
I loved your poem! Thanks for putting up my faveorite one. I felt that you were the voice of the poem, and you used good imagery so I could picture all of this happening in my head. there really wasn't an underlying meaning, but I think that would've sounded weird in this. My personal reaction to this; i was in awe. It just sounded so cool, and I loved the rhyme scheme to! Again, great job!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Lindsey. That poem was wicked good. I think that the words are about mystery. I think that the intended audience was anybody willing to listen. I think that the mood is extremely mysterious, and peaceful/pondering. My first reaction to the poem was just to read it again. I really really like it.