Sunday, September 7, 2008

When Two Friends Meet by Ben G

It was a quiet peaceful day. The sun was shining and Becca was walking around in the nice little town in Poland. While she was walking she encounted a friend that she has not seen in years. She walked up to him and said a friendly hello. His name was Ender. They went to school together and she sat next to him to talk.

“So how have you been doing ender?” Becca asked.

“I have been better but I am ok now that I have seen you.” Ender said right back at her.

“Same here” she said. “I am here to find out more about my
Grandmother that just died.”

“Oh I am so sorry for your loss” Ender said with a tear running
down his face.

“Its ok she was really old and now she is in a better place.” She said with no sad expression on her face at all.

“Well I am here for a vacation. I have been working with a
simulator battling evil space aliens. It gets really tiring waking up at 3 in the morning to battle some wacky aliens that want to enslave the earth.” He said in a not so happy tone. But Becca just could not help it. She started to laugh really hard. That got him really mad. So he got up and started to walk away. Once he got only 10 feet away Becca got up and chased after him.

“Wait, Ender, I am really sorry for what I said.”
Ender just stared at her for what seemed like hours, but was only a minute. Then he forgave her and they got back to their conversation. They started talking about each other. First it was Beccas turn to describe her.

“You know what happened to me when we were kids but when we went our separate ways after school, that’s when all the exciting stuff happened. After my Gemma died I promised to find out who she is, whatever it takes. So I looked through all her stuff and found a clue that led me here. But I am still looking for more clues.” She said.

“Wow that must be hard to look for something but you don’t know what it is. I don’t think that I could do that. Now being serious, I really do work for the government taking down alien ships. It is a hard job. I don’t really get to see any of my family and I have to sleep in a certain place just in case I have to do a battle. It took me so long to work up this vacation time.” He said.

“Oh yeah I bet it did with a job like that.” Becca said with a chuckle.

“I really wanted to come here to Poland to try out their food. I hear they have the best food around.”

“Oh yeah they do.” They both laughed. “Well I have got to go because I have to catch my flight back to the US.”

“Ok bye it was very nice to see you.” Becca said.

0 comments: