Thursday, April 12, 2007

Untitled by Kayla L

Going through my life
Happy as can be,
Everything was going great,
For little eleven year old me.

I don’t know who my real parents were,
But I know they loved me,
Now I have a life in the United States,
With the best foster parents there could be.

My brother was adopted too,
Our new parents were great,
We were going to have a long happy life,
But that was all changed by fate.

Little did I know,
Soon something would change my life,
There was a problem in my “Happy Family”,
And it all ended with a knife.

One night after a long day,
I couldn’t wait to get to bed,
I didn’t know anything was wrong,
And soon everyone would be dead.

I was awoken around five am.,
By a bloodcurdling scream,
It came from my brother’s room,
And was too much to be from a dream.

I rushed in to see what happened,
I stood there in the door,
This had to be a nightmare,
One I’d never had before.

My dad was killing my brother,
I couldn’t understand why,
For he too was only eleven,
And didn’t deserve to die.

When he had finished,
He turned around to me,
I would be his next victim,
That was easy to see.

I tried to scream and run,
I couldn’t make a sound,
Fear and pain flooded my body,
As I fell to the ground.

Why was he doing this to me,
Did I do something bad?
I used to be his little princess,
The best daughter he ever had.

Didn’t he realize I’m only eleven,
And I have not yet begun to live,
Why did he have to kill me now?
I still have so much to give.

And where is my mom,
She can’t be watching all this can she?
Maybe she’s calling for help,
Unless he killer her before he killed me.

Now my mom, brother and me are all dead,
I can’t believe its true,
We were going to be such a happy family,
There were so many fun things we were going to do.

Soon after my dad died,
He knew what he had done,
He died of a gun shot to the head,
After he had his fun.

And I was only eleven,
And my life had just begun,
Now I’ up in heaven,
Having lots of fun.

Although I am now gone,
I know no one will forget me,
Because I’m all around you,
In everything you see.

So when you see a snowflake,
Or a leaf from a tree,
The one bright star in the sky,
That is me.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This poem is so intense. It makes me very sad. I'm really glad you didn't title it because there is no way to some up this poem in a few words. It has such a powerful message. I can't imagine walking in and seeing my father killing my brother. I know now that every time I see a snowflake, or a star, or a leaf, I will think of that unfortunate event. I am shocked that such a strong message was conveyed in this project. From what I've heard, people weren't so into this project. I'm glad that you spent time and effort on your amazing poem.

Anonymous said...

Kayla, this poem is very poewerful. You were able to take such a serious matter and put it into a very well- written poem. The words were able to flow and this was a verystrong poem.I hope you keep writing becase this is one of the best poems i have read on the blog,so i just wanted to tell you how i felt about it.I hope you keep up the good work, because you are a very telented poet.

Anonymous said...

wow, kayla that is an amazing poem. I liked how you wrote the poem in first person. It made it a lot more emotional. I also liked how the voice you used sounded like an actual eleven year old, and you wrote about all the things going through her head. After reading your poem, I felt like I knew this girl, and I feel like I can understand the pain her friends must have gone through a little more. Your poem has such a great message, its definitley the best one i've read.

Anonymous said...

Wow kayla this poem is very good. It is a sad poem however knowing this is true makes me kind of scared and sad for that person. You used great word choice and did a great job of matching the mood to the story.

Richy

Anonymous said...

When i read ths poem it was very powerful and strong. You put such a sad matter into a poem. This poem made me in a very serious, sad mood. The way you desribe what happened was so good.This poem was very original. I can't really believe that something happened like this to anyone , especially one your friends. I think you did such a good job on this poem because i think that in touch anyone.

Anonymous said...

KAYLA,
When i read this poem it touched me so much. It was so sad but also extremely intrigueing. You did an excellent job while telling the story about this girl and her family but still making it flow. I really like how you put it in her point of view, it was a lot more moving that way. You are a great poet, I hope you continue writing!!!Great Job

Anonymous said...

i like this poem a lot after reading it, it really makes you think about it. i think the desrciption fit the eleven year old girl perfectly. it was very sad but it still had a strong meaning and it was very good. wonderfulll job :D

Anonymous said...

This poem has such a powerful message. I can't believe it had a father killing their son. You were able to take such a serious matter and put it into a very well- written poem. I liked how you wrote the poem in first person.You used great word choice.This poem made me in a very serious, sad mood.

Anonymous said...

Kayla,
Wow. This is a very powerful poem. I like how you used it in the first person voice, which made it that much more enjoyable to read. I think this is one of the best ones I have read, beause the way you kept it flowing and made me want to read on. Good job!