Thursday, April 12, 2007

An Ode to a Best Friend and a Sister by Amanda T.

When I met her she was eight,
her care for me was great.
She skipped the next day of school to come see me,
excited and full of glee.

She cares for me as a mother would,
just like a big sister should.
She has always been there for me,
this is how a sister-sister relationship is made to be.

Miles away keep nothing between us,
my best friend is she, yes.
Distance is not a factor in our relationship,
that fact will never waver nor slip.

She’s smart and sweet, kind and caring
bold and beautiful, wise and daring.
Considerate, thoughtful, and loving,
everything about her is amazing.

She helps me with tough decisions
the best she can envision.
She guides me through life,
I take her advice and we never strife.

She has always helped me
I love Carla Marie.
I trust her with everything,
and love the fun she brings.

She is a wonderful sister and best friend,
all the others she can transcend.
I cherish her,
no one could ever replace her.

Carla is the greatest sister and best friend in the universe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This poem realy shows how important your sister is to you. After readingn it, it makes me want a big sister too =) I liked how you talked about her a lot and showed how she is the most amazing person to you. Niceee jobb

Anonymous said...

Amanda, this poem really showed how special the bond between you and your sister is. I can relate because I have not an older, but a younger sister. I met my sister for the first time when I was five. Then I wasn't so sure of her, but after two or three months I realized that she was very important to me. This poem speaks to all those who have a special sibling or friend in their lives. I enjoyed reading this great poem.